Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Airspace!

Airspace is a dedicated aviation forum for professionals and enthusiasts. It is a place where you can discuss and debate about aviation, as well as get the very latest news and updates. Please click here to sign up for a free account today.

Aviation related movies.

Discussion in 'Sky's the limit' started by heavensdevil, Mar 10, 2014.

1. heavensdevil

heavensdevil Member

Out of all the movies airplane or airline related, which one do you like best? I like The Terminal the best because it was a comedy unlike most of the others where they are more serious. I thought that the premise of getting stuck in an airport was a brilliant idea.

2. dansmith

dansmith New Member

I liked terminal also because it was a very unique idea being stuck in an airport. My favorite airplane related movie though would have to be the original Airplane movie, with Leslie Nielsen, Robert Hays, and Julie Hagherty. This sort of comedy was not really seen before this movie, but Nielsen followed it up with the Naked Gun movies, which were based on the short-lived tv show Police Squad. I just liked the zany antics all of those people pulled in addition to the puns and clever subtle things.

3. Berkut

Berkut New Member

I really enjoy Flight of the Intruder, great movie with Danny Glover about A-6s in Vietnam. Recommend it if you like military aviation or Vietnam themed movies. The original Hotshots is a household favorite.

4. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuy New Member

I really enjoyed Flight, the movie with Denzel Washington, even though I have heard a lot of people say that they did not enjoy it. I liked the whole concept of how the physics of the wings was used in a half barrel roll to level out the flight. It was a very intense movie and it shows you how flying could have changed over the many years.

5. ASA

ASA Administrator Staff Member

6. Anders

Anders Member

Flight was good. Very good. And in terms of representing airplanes, and having amazing aerial footage, you can't beat movies like Hell's Angels, Angels Have Wings, and The Aviator. But honestly? My heart belongs to Red Eye. At just under 80 minutes, it's lean, mean, doesn't waste any time, is intense, fun, and holds together pretty well until a slightly over the top end. Just a great, nasty, efficient thriller.

7. ASA

Cool - thanks for that. I've not watched many of those movies myself but after your high review of Red Eye and checking out the trailer I think thats the one I will watch next. Thanks!

Here is the trailer:

8. Anders

Anders Member

Just saw the Taken 3 trailer. Looks like Liam Neeson is 'Taken' out airplanes (1:56) along with the bad guys this time this time:

Also, that should teach that pilot to pop a wheelie around Liam Neeson.

ASA likes this.
  9. ASA

I can't wait until it's out! Taken is one of my all time favourite movies and Liam Neeson is no doubt one of my favourite actors. If Liam Neeson stars in a film I automatically know that I'll enjoy it :)

10. Anders

Anders Member

Liam Neeson is pretty dependable for delivering the entertainment. Speaking of, has anyone seen 'A Walk Among the Tombstones' yet? I haven't had a chance, but it looks like it could be pretty great.

11. ASA

I've not watched 'A Walk Among the Tombstones' yet however have seen ads on billboards around London.

The movie looks awesome!

12. nailah783

nailah783 Member

I think this looks very interesting. I will check this out. I think my favorite airplane movie is Flight. I don't care what anybody says. I loved it.