Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Airspace!

Airspace is a dedicated aviation forum for professionals and enthusiasts. It is a place where you can discuss and debate about aviation, as well as get the very latest news and updates. Please click here to sign up for a free account today.

Careers in Aerospace LIVE 2013 - The Royal Aeronautical Society (8 Nov. 2013)

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by ASA, Sep 14, 2013.

1. ASA

ASA Administrator Staff Member

It's that time of the year again! The Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) is hosting the only UK recruitment fair dedicated to aerospace and aviation. The date you need to put in your diary is Friday 8th November 2013. The venue is once again the RAeS headquarters in London, W1, at 10.30-15.30.

This is a unique opportunity for recruiters, training providers and individuals to meet at the only UK careers fair dedicated to the aerospace and aviation community. Employers and training organisations from across the industry are available to answer your questions and give you information on their recruitment opportunities. In addition there are CV and professional development workshops, company seminars and a programme of talks about the different aspects of the aerospace industry.
    If you're interested in pilot training then you'd be pleased to know that there will also be impartial pilot training advice and free aptitude tests from Gapan.

Entrance is FREE to visitors and the event is open to members and non-members alike.

Book your free place to attend Careers in Aerospace LIVE 2013 today!

[​IMG]

About The Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
    The Royal Aeronautical Society, also known as the RAeS, is a British-founded multidisciplinary professional institution dedicated to the global aerospace community. Founded in 1866, today it is the focal point for the global aerospace and aviation community. To find out more please visit the RAeS website here.

caparica007 likes this.
  2. caparica007

caparica007 Member

This seems a great opportunity, if it was in Portugal I would go for sure. Are there free training programs for pilots? Of course not right, all are paid except in the military right?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  3. Jellyfish

Jellyfish New Member

Hey caparica. What do you mean by "paid on in the military"?

4. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I already corrected it, I meant "all are paid except in the military right?", sorry for the mistake.

5. ASA

Hi caparica007,
    That's right, pilot training sponsorship is almost non-existent since September 11th.

6. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I wasn't aware of that "detail" date, I imagine that now anyone that wants to become a pilot will have his/her life examined with some detail.

7. ASA

That's right to some extent. I don't see the correlation to be honest, but somehow pilot training sponsorship stopped altogether after that date.

8. nailah783

nailah783 Member

That's because it is known that the people that took over the planes during 9/11 had recently passed their pilot's training. Everything with flying has been different since 9/11. Security is much more secure since then, and it's almost to the point where nobody can do anything because its not any fun anymore.