Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Airspace!

Airspace is a dedicated aviation forum for professionals and enthusiasts. It is a place where you can discuss and debate about aviation, as well as get the very latest news and updates. Please click here to sign up for a free account today.

Have you ever slept in an airport?

Discussion in 'General Aviation Forum' started by CrowdedHighways, Jul 2, 2015.

1. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways New Member

Have you ever slept in an airport? I will travel to Greece, Thessaloniki this summer and I will arrive at midnight. There will be a bus waiting for me at the airport in the afternoon. I have decided that it will probably not be worth it to book a hospital for just half a day, so I might have to sleep in the airport. Has anyone had any experience with this, and could you give me any tips?
  2. nailah783

nailah783 Member

I had a layover for 4 hours, and I had to stay in the airport. I only slept for about 2 hours and I slept real close to the door so that I wouldn't oversleep and miss my flight. I was able to hear when they opened the gate. It wasn't very comfortable. I had to sleep with all of my stuff near by. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you must then you must.
  3. Brad_Adams

Brad_Adams New Member

yeah, it was 1 time, when I must to stay in the airport about 5 hours