Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Airspace!

Airspace is a dedicated aviation forum for professionals and enthusiasts. It is a place where you can discuss and debate about aviation, as well as get the very latest news and updates. Please click here to sign up for a free account today.

Have you flown a plane?

Discussion in 'General Aviation Forum' started by allhostone, Dec 4, 2013.

1. allhostone

allhostone New Member

After looking around the forum and reading some threads/posts it seems that quite a lot of you fly, but my question is, how many of you have actually flown a plane? I personally have flown the Grob Tutor which is what the Air Cadets use to train its members to fly, very easy to use aircraft and easy to use for aerobatics and training to!

2. 1inamillion

1inamillion Member

I have not flown a plane but i think it would be fun to do so. Flying a plane comes with a lot of responsibility because all the passengers life is in your hand and if you the pilot makes a mistake you can end up taking the wrong route and crash the plane. The pilot has to know about the types of clouds, to know whether are not, they are too thick to fly through.:rolleyes:

3. heavensdevil

heavensdevil Member

I have never flown a plane before. I know it takes a lot of training both practical and theoretical. It's not an easy task which I don't think I can ever be good at. I'll just stick to being a passenger and let the experts do the flying.

4. Jetpal

Jetpal New Member

Yes, I have experience of flying a plane but only on a simulator!

I love flying games and one of the first CDs I bought some years ago was of a flying simulator. I enjoyed it thoroughly since it had actual routes mapped into it. I have flown transcontinental routes using my simulator and travelled to many countries around the world.

5. Rydeck

Rydeck New Member

I would occasionally fly my Dad's little Piper Archer as a kid for a few minutes at a time. Beyond that though, I've never flown a plane on my own. Although, I would like to one day get my pilot's license. I miss flying.

6. Flyer28

Flyer28 New Member

I have a Private Pilot License.
    It is a fun and very rewarding hobby.
    Anybody can do it but it does take a lot of commitment and responsibility.......and of course money!

7. JetzX

JetzX New Member

I have flown a plane before......on Flight Simulator X

In real life, no I haven't . However, I do find it interesting and have hopes one day ill be one, even if its just for leisure.

8. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharli New Member

I've never flown a plane and don't believe I'll ever want to! I love flying as a passenger, but I'm also afraid of heights -- so with the thought of even taking over a plane, NO -- NO. I've had a dream nightmare before and I flew a plane. Scary.

9. boytoy143

boytoy143 New Member

It has always been a dream of mine to fly one. Although I don't want to be a pilot, I just wanted to try doing it once. I feel like there's so much thrill and adrenaline rush when flying one. And as they say, the pilot always has the best view.

10. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways New Member

I have not yet, but it is a dream of mine to do it one day. Unfortunately, where I live there are not too many opportunities to participate in flying courses, so I might have to move overseas to fulfill my dream.

11. nailah783

nailah783 Member

I have not personally flown, but it is on my bucket list ever since I saw Aunt Bee do it on the Andy Griffin Show. Now I really want to get up there in the air. I always thought it was cool knowing how many celebrities fly themselves around. I wouldn't mind being in control to get to where I'm going every now and then.

12. Peacher

Peacher New Member

Sure, as a passenger. Although i really want tot try piloting as well. Do you think it's too late for me?